Thursday, March 31, 2011

Project Review: The Phantom 2040 PART 54

I was inspired by dual hull boats for this flying vehicle design I did for The Phantom.


A concept vehicle using the wrapping and interlocking shaped in the design from the show visual theme book.


A second concept for a Tube Train which ran in the vine-like freeways that wrap the city.


A hypercruiser concept piece from Phantom 2040 from 1992.


A Concept sketch for a vehicle used in the series The Phantom 2040

Phantom 2040-PART LIV [54th]
Transportation Design Layouts


Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.

In this 54th post on "The Phantom 2040" television Animation Series I have put up some more of the concept vehicles I designed for the series. The city was inhabited so I designed about 30 or so vehicles for the 52 episodes that aired on ABC.

As the Conceptual Design/Art Director for this Animated Series, I was responsible for the look, and as an Art Center Trans major doing the vehicles was the icing on the cake of a great experience I was fortunate enough to have here in Hollywood back almost 17 years back now.

As to the sketches you will notice I put lines around the forms to help the animators understand the shapes better. Complex forms can be understood in dimension with some profile lines cut through the forms as a guide.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment