Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Project Review: E-Marketing -3D Custom Modeling- Old Drive In Theater-PART I

 A Birds Eye view of the model I built of this Old Drive In Theater.



 A ground level shot of the entry with ticket booth, sign, and the back of the screen structure, and of course, a bunch of neon.

 An alternate view of the 3D Model for the Ticket Booth for this Drive In.


 Here is a shot for over the fence[ where the kids would sneak in a flic], showing the projector house/snack bar in f the foreground, and screen far back.

 A front view of this Old styled Deco Snack bar at the Drive In.


 As we exit the Drive-In we see the back of the sign structure in there with the lighting, as well as the ticket supports as well.


  Here is a shot of the last leg of the exit before we turn at the booth, hope you enjoyed the double feature!


Project Review
E-Marketing -3D Custom Modeling
PART I  Old Drive In Theater

Client: E-Marketing via The Cimarron Group.
Art Director: Greg Orlowski
Project Date: 2008.

Back in 2008 while in-house at The Cimarron Group, I regularly posted 3D Models for sale on Turbo Squid, and I published an e-mail if someone wanted custom work, well this is how I started doing work for them, so I will be covering these custom little "SIM-city-ish sets I designed for them to implement on a interactive website.

For this first part in the series I will cover the old styled Drive In that I built out. A full square set piece from entry to exit. I had built out a Drive In years earlier while I was still at Walt Disney Imagineering back in the 90's for a Scream Attraction, so I was well versed in the look. I am also a real vintage and antique buff myself, so this is a subject matter dear to me, and that makes these jobs not just more fun, but a whole lot easier to do.

I built out the Neon Signs, entry ticket booth, the projector house with snack bar, and the screen itself. I also built out the parking spots at an up angle to view the film like they did back then, as well as the window speakers and a fence all around the perimeter.
This was a 6-7 Hr project form start[ no design], to a final FBX asset.

As a 3D Designer, my clients come to me without a design, knowing that as an Art Center trained professional, I will design as I build, to cut out the middle step and expense involved.

Cheers, THOM

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I find reading this article a joy. It is extremely helpful and interesting and very much looking forward to reading more of your work.. custom neon led signs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turmeric, a plant in the ginger’s circle of relatives, is local to Southeast Asia and grown commercially in that region. The spice referred to as turmeric can be the only dietary complement.

    ReplyDelete