Friday, April 20, 2012

Project Review: Daredevil PART II


 These 'Corner Icons' were designed to add to any poster or artwork for Dare Devil, this one has a deep internal extrusion that gives it a thin lip so you achieve a deep shadowing inside the font.


 Here I used a brushed Red aluminum with a nice warm highlight for Daredevil in 2002.


 His leather suit inspired a few designs where I applied the texture to the logo itself.


 A One Sheet Idea for a Teaser Poster had two big metal D's with a volumetric red light casting down over the logo.


 Here I took the above logo and placed it on a leather surface and dropped camera down to a worms eye look.


 Two 'squatty' looking Brushed top metal D's on a corrugated tin wall with some procedural rusting achieved with the Simbiont Plug-In.


 Another High Contrast Double D very tall and on a surface with some texture bump but a clean red color, you can see others here, here, and here.


DAREDEVIL!
PART II

Client: 20th Century FOX via BLT and Associates.
Art Director(s): Rick Lynch and Eddie Segura.

Project Date: Summer 2002.

It has been a few years since my first post so I thought I would put up a few more of the icon Double "D" logos I did for the film Daredevil back in 2002 a decade ago.

These were early on in my 3D logo building days a decade back and we explored about a dozen conceptual directions. Today I have a both the 'bug' or little corner icon double D, as well as a full one sheet teaser logo with a full 3D field background done for the premiere.

I have a few added images I will post this year as well as we explored architectural logos made from architecture and the like, so stay tuned.

You can view PART I here.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment