Friday, January 27, 2012

Project Review : The Island 2005-PART II


 A Logo done for Calvin Sumler for the Print work. I did a curved alt cut up here as well.


 Adrienne Burk gave me the illustrator file and a piece of Logo scrap she always loved to emulate this look for her.


 A Calvin design done for Erik Counter our resident Predator at Cimarron at the time.


 An alternate metal plated design done for Adrienne Burk as well.


 Another Calvin Logo executed for AV.


 One of my favorites with the vectors from Calvin Sumler.


 An alternate view and material on Adrienne's design.

Project Review
The Island-2005
PART II

Client: Warner Brothers via The Cimarron Group.
Art Director(s): Calvin Sumler, Adrienne Burk, and Joseph Stamper.
Project Date: Winter 2004

This is my second posting for the various 3D Illustration design work that I did for both the Motion Graphics and the Print Divisions at The Cimarron Group for the film The Island, starring Scarlett Johansson.

I was tasked by a few different Art Directors to develop some main title logo loos in 3D. We used metla and glass as the textures and all were a bit light in value as the film had a blue sky look that ws being pushed at the time.

A fun project, and once we started animated the logos they came alive with the moving lights and reflections.

You can view PART I here.


Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment