Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Napkin Sketching and Doodles: PART IV-Mini Doodles

A Little graphic piece I made with a small circle template, the shapes were influenced by the work Nick Pugh and myself were developing for Flash Gordon.



A pair of big full sexy lips sketched out from back in 1995, done on tracing paper, about 2 inches wide, so a bit bigger mini doodle.


"Can Heed", the robot is a micro 1/2" tall mini-doodle I did on a take out menu back.



Same day, same menu as above, another mini robot, this one has a plunger for a base[ no feet].



This design was a graphic character design as a fine art sculpture concept, about 1" long.


Napkin Sketching Part VIII
Mini Doodles


In this ninth installment of the Napkin Sketches, and Doodles I do on a regular basis, I have posted some of my mini doodles today. These are all about the size of a quarter or half dollar. Most in this set are almost 15 years old and were done during the time I worked at Hearst Animation on The Phantom 2040 back in 1994-5.

I tend to constantly draw, especially when on the phone, or in a restaurant or bar. If I am sitting down with paper near me, I draw. Its been that way since I was a kid. I love that the 3D work I do, influences the way I draw and vice versa. The disciplines are very healthy for each other, though I do four times as much 3D work for professional reasons. Enjoy the posting.
You can view the other parts here:

PART I

PART II

PART III

PART IV

PART V

PART VI

PART VII

PART VIII

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment