Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Project Review: The Scorpion King

The finished Teaser One sheet that was done by Alon Amir at BLT and Associates with my 3D wall Illustration used.


Here is a detailed render of the wall used in the final teaser poster for The Scorpion King in 2002.


I built a 3D scorpion Icon and this was an AV back-lit concept frame I did.


Here is the gold hammered finished Scorpion King Icon I made for some Print Advertising w pitches.


Here is the rusted metal finish on the Scorpion King Icon I made.



I emulated a "crest form the film that was seen in the opening sequence and I built it out to be used for some teaser Ideas as well.


The scorpion itself was a quick model I built that is seen in this wireframe render. I built this prior to doing Subdivision Quad modeling so the parts are all high resolution to begin with. Today I would do this all Sub-D.


The Scorpion King 2002

Client: Universal Pictures via BLT and Associates.
Art Director: Alon Amir.
Project Date: Fall 2001.

Here is another early 3D illustration job I did, about ten years back for BLT and Associates for the Theatrical Release of The Scorpion King, a spin of film from the Mummy franchise. The Rock, Dwayne Johnson starred as the Scorpion king and I was charged with doing a few logo marks, some iconic props and what finished was the 3D virtual Photo shoot of the city wall for the teaser posters and banner advertising assets.

I started with the 3D scorpion you see above, and that was used for a variety of Print and AV concept presentations we sent over to Universal for review. I also did some virtual illustration in that they wanted a full city wall surrounding the city to be used in the poster, and it did not exist, so I built out an entry gate and a large wall. This eventually ended up finishing so I rendered it out at 5000 pixels wide for the One Sheets and Billboards as a final. A fun project to have been able to work on.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment