Thursday, May 26, 2011

Project Review: The Phantom 2040:PART 66-More Color Keys

Maxwell Madison, The villain Son of Rebbecca the head of Maximum Inc in The Phantom 2040 Television Animated Series from the mid 90's.


Guran, Kit Walkers side kick, is seen here with his hidden armor he wears under his regular outfit as a color key.



Jenna is Kits friend from College so she had a few wardrobe changes throughout the series and here is one for the second season.


A Color Key done for Trahn, who was always in tow with Jenna and Kit in the adventures they had.


Sagan Cruz was the primary character we saw as an "Enforcer" [ POLICE], and this is an Asian character we had in a few episodes in the second season.



Phantom 2040-PART LXVI [66th]
More Color Keys for Characters


Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.

In this 66th post on "The Phantom 2040" television Animation Series I have posted more of the color keys I did for the full character line up for the series.

Hearst had hired Peter Chung for a freelance contract to design all the main characters for the series as his Aeon Flux characters captivated the animation world in the early 90's so David Corbett the Executive Producing The Phantom had him do a full round for all of them in 1992 prior to me coming on board.

Once I came in, I utilized Paula Lafond, our in-house character designer and she did all additional characters[ human] to match the look of the gaunt main players, and I redesigned the B.I.O.T's; as well as adjusted all the outfits of all of Peters characters to match up with the added Art Nouveau theme I had added in after he was done and gone.

I had just finished working on a Restaurant Cafe Morpheus and had to get very familiar with Art Nouveau, so I was well versed in the look, I just stretched it to a tall and thin, Cinema-Scope stretched feel, to match up to these gaunt characters. Here you can see the resulting Marker comp Color Keys I did for a few more of these players.

You can view all color keys with the tag on the right column or just click here.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment