Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Project Review: Escape Artists Pictures Logo Design PART II-2D sketches

  The Escape Artist look, was to be a runner inside an eye so I started with the eye as the 'holding device' for the icon.


Here is a page of concepts for the runner inside the eye for the 3D logo I did.


 A quick little comp ide with action line built in 3D as well. 



 I blocked a square runner and overlaid curves to fit as this idea was to be animated for the MGFX.


Escape Artists
PART II
2D design sketches

Client: Escape Artists Pictures via. The Cimarron Group.
Art Directors: Roland Mesa.
Project Date: Summer 2004.

I posted a few designs I did for the Film Production Company Escape Artists, a while back here, and I found these4 scanned images of the original sketches I did at Cimarron back in 04' for the project.

I have often talked about the difference between 3D artists[ a carpenter] and 3D designers [ the architect], and since I was trained in Industrial Design I am the latter, so I regularly sketch out a design or doodle a little image to clarify what I need to build. 

FOr the Logo for Escape Artists, I first did some of the sketches you see above and once I nailed my direction I built them out in 3D.

I will be posting the remaining designs this month so stay tuned!


Cheers, THOM


No comments:

Post a Comment