Thursday, July 21, 2011

Napkin Sketching and Doodles: PART VII-Submarines

A small sketch of a submarine I did in 2000 of a small two seater with a slick body design and one big fan prop out back.


This submarine sketch is a k hammered copper with rivets for the texture, but with aerodynamic fluid shapes to the body itself.


A small one man craft with dual props since this version also fly's in the air. Based on my research for fan-powered vehicles for the Phantom 2040



A small sketch done with a interlocking speed form body[ like a car]



My favorite sketch was this "fish" with the bubble up front based on my bubble car design from ACCD. I love the tail and side fins, all would be finished in copper, and brass.


Napkin Sketching Part VII
Submarines and Underwater Craft


In this seventh installment of the Napkin Sketches, and Doodles I do during times of relaxation I have posted a set of submarines I did back in 2000 when I was working in Spokane WA for Cyan, the nice folks who made the Myst and Riven Video games.

I was creating a mini submarine design for the game, so naturally I had watercraft on the brain, and while I was relaxing at a great steak house, or sushi bar in downtown Spokane, I sketched out these designs.

You can view the other parts here:

PART I

PART II

PART III

PART IV

PART V

PART VI

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment