Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Project Review: The Phantom 2040: PART LXXXXIII[93rd]-Character Design Overlay

 A mini BIOT on treads: So I had a technique where I'd slide the original on the glass in the direction of the scan to 'scale' it down, to get the shorty look[ remember this is pre good Mac's+PC's in the bizz], and that was the underlay.


 I revised the tech attached to Dr Jak from Peter Chungs concepts to fit the look of the rest of the tech, and here is the detail sketches I produced.


 For the character Nia, I developed the costume all broken up and destroyed after battle with Graft[ .05mm pencil on velum.


 Here is a BIOT butler overlay.[ NOTE: The BIOT underneath is a very early Pre Production Model]


Phantom 2040-PART LXXXXII [93rd]
Character Design Overlay Drawings

Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.


This is my 93rd posting for my work done on the Television 2D Animated Series, The Phantom 2040 from in the early ninety's.

Today I have put up a few underlay drawing I have for various characters from the show. As the lead designer for the series I had a 1000's of items that needed to be designed for the 52 episodes that eventually aired, and the sheer volume of design was what drew me out of feature film work, to be a full time Art Director for this series, it was a great opportunity as I look back.

Are you a FAN of The Phantom 2040, and on FACEBOOK, there is a group  here.

There is a TAG on the list to the RIGHT for other Phantom 2o4o entry's, but you can click this as well.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment