Thursday, June 14, 2012

Phantom 2040 PART CII [102nd] More Transportation design sketches


 This overlay still has the note from the producer "WRONG!", There is a genuine lack of subtlety in Entertainment so thick skin is a MUST.


 A mini background interior done in background and overlay format on velum. About 3' x 5" in size each.

 I modified Maxwells hyperlimo to a four fan version here in this overlay. " STILL WRONG" apparently...:o)


 Here we  have a flying hammerhead hypercycle. FUN!


Phantom 2040
PART CII [102nd]
More Transportation design sketches

Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.


This is my 102nd post of my work from the TV animated series, The Phantom 2040 from in the early ninety's, and today I have posted transportation related sketches of vehicle exteriors and one interior.

Since I majored in Transportation Design, this was the fun stuff for me early on out of Art Center as I was still quite green. It was rare to be able to do flying cars and motorcycles and when I did get the chance to do it I LOVED IT!
I also did alot of the interior shots as these little mini BG's, and above you cans see the overlay of the seats and the background I designed for the vehicle, and these little velums were blown up in size to a 16 field size, and painted from these little drawings, many of which were done onsite in both South Korea, as well as the South of France for the teams using them when I made my trips to oversee Production Art Direction.

If you are a FAN of The Phantom 2040, and on FACEBOOK, there is a group for that....  here.

There is a TAG on the list to the RIGHT for other Phantom 2o4o entry's, but you can click this as well.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment