Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Project Review: Traffic Agency- Art Table Construction Plans 2008


 A 3D render showing the White Melamine build out for the art table.


 A closer shot showing the virtually constructed parts[ Dado's and all in 3D]


 A 3D 'toon' render of the table: Simply copy the object rotate and render a front view and you are done!


 Exploded parts drawings like this take alot of time by hand, but in 3D the set up is about 15 minutes and you get another render, and that is a SMART 3D asset.


 The piece was built in sections and assembled onsite[ typical] so here is a "flat-file-ish' section exploded-view in 3D.


 The top is built from 3 4'x8' sheets of 3/4" thick Plywood covered in a cutting laminate in drafting green.


 Another parts drawing with all the sub-builds going together for the on-site set-up team.


A 3/4 view toon render line art drawing for the Custom Furniture piece.


Project Review
The Cimarron Group Architectural Work
Traffic Agency- Art Table Construction Plans 2008

Client: The Traffic Agency via The Cimarron Group.
Art Direction: n/a
Project Date: Late Summer 2008

As a full  time employee at The Cimarron Group I often helped out with 3D visualizations of the various construction projects that the owner Bob Farina had at the company. I had worked on a restaurant and been an Imagineer so I was very familiar with these type of projects.

Also, I have professional training in space design as I worked with Steelcase out of MI, when I was going to CCS in Detriot back in 1985, so space planning was in my design blood early on.

A simple project, they gave me dimensions, and needs for the furniture piece, and as an ex-cabinet builder myself, I did a 3D visualization to create the line art parts drawing for the construction plan document. 

I even created a parts list from the 3D, as I simply counted up the parts I built virtually.

To achieve the line art there are a few ways in 3D to do this, the easiest way I use is Final-Toon which is a ink and paint renderer that ships with Final Render, my go to renderer.

This is the first in a series of architectural work I do along side the higher concept design work as well, look for future posts, and enjoy.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment