Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Project Review Snow White and The Huntsman 2012 3D Type for Motion Graphics PART I


The first pass look I did was a flat faced font with a slight extrusion into the font mass.


This 3D Model is what finished for the trailers over at GreenhausGFX, for Snow White and The Huntsman.


 Here is the base mesh I built with a concave bevel in  Single Point Bevel.


 Here is the final Model with a subdivision added at level 1[ turbo-smooth]

Here is the version in Russian I did for Ukraine.

Here is the Korean Translation of Snow White and The Huntsman I did as well back in March of this year.

Project Review
Snow White and The Huntsman 2012
3D Type for Motion Graphics PART I

Client: Universal Pictures via Greenhaus Graphics
Creative Direction: Helen Greene
Project Date: August 2011 to March 2012.


I regularly build out 3D assets for my Motion Graphics clients to use in their trailers, and I did a series of 3D single-Point-beveled hand modeled fonts, for GreenhausGFX for the film now in theaters , Snow White and The Huntsman.
I was given the vector file from GHGFX, as it was locked in already, so I was to tasked to build it out as a hand modeled font and I did it as a Subdividable Quad Polygonal Model.

The client returned back to me to do a few translations of the title for Ukraine, and Korea, both Single Point beveled as well, with the Korean as a clean look, but the Russian was roughed up like the original title.

I also worked on this for another vendor, just last month for the opening to help out, though what I did for them was a clean version of the title with no roughness to the outer edges at all, and they went Gold for the finish as well. Look for that post in the future.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment