Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Project Review: The Lady Killers[2003] Motion Graphics 3D Cards

 Motion Graphics cards from The Lady Killers from back in 2003.


 I used a slight fish-eye lens on these using Final-Render. It has a Real Fish-eye setting Camera that ships with the Plug-in. IT ROCKS!


 A little motion blur added for effect.

 The last internal card with all gold used.


 Here is the final card, the title with glass in the center.

Project Review
The Lady Killers
Motion Graphics 3D Cards from 2003


Client: Buena Vista Pictures via The Cimarron Group.
Art Direction: Roland Mesa.
Project Date: December 2003.


Back in 2003 I was in-house in Hollywood at The Cimarron Group, an Entertainment Advertising Agency, and I was tasked with some 3D cards to deliver to the Motion Graphics team for The Lady Killers, the then new Tom Hanks flic.

I had just started the prior month, so this was an early first job I delivered to Motion Graphics. As a department of one at Cimarron, I was responsible for all 3D assets for Print, AV,and the web.

These cards are simple three layer stacked plates, making up the final design.

I put thin gold brushed metal plates on front and back, sandwiching a central deeper plate. I did do the final Title with gold glass in between which was my first sell to them on a glass card. FUN!

Cheers, THOM


No comments:

Post a Comment