Monday, May 7, 2012

Project Review Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow PART VI-Underwater Crab Robot


 Here is the main shot requested fro Sky Captain of the underwater Crab Walker Robots.


 A 3/4 overhead view of the "Bot" from World of Tomorrow from 2003.


 A shot from the surface looking down to a 3D walker from Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow.


 A closer shot sowing some details and the main logo on the machine.


 A Ploy Mesh view showing the complexity of what I built for the Posters.



This is similar to the main view showing the massing and modeled details I put on the character piece.


Project Review
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
PART VI-Underwater Crab Robot

Client: Paramount Pictures via BLT and Associates.
Art Director(s): Rick Lynch, Dustin Stanton, Jeff Barnett, Alon Amir, Zack Ris. 
Project Date: Summer 2002

This is my sixth posting on Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow, and today we look an another robot I had to build out for the posters for the film, the Underwater CRAB Walker-Robot..

I worked from two screen views sent over of the work-In-Progrss in Maya, on the walker robot, and I built a copy in 3DSmax. It is very typical that you do not have access to the digital files for films so you do a lot of re-building, and Sky Captain was no different.

What you see above, are some views I provided to the "Pod" working on World of Tomorrow at BLT on the posters, as well as some polygon views showing the construction details I put into the assets to create it.

I had about 6 Hrs to complete, and I hit that deadline with room to spare.

Cheers, THOM

You can see the other posts quickly below in these links:
PART I
PART II 
PART III 
PART IV 
PART V.

No comments:

Post a Comment