Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Project Review: CNN 3D-Logo Color Design PART II

 I had developed this glass technique for the Bond 007 PPK here so we tried it on the CNN Logo.


 A Brushed Aluminum with a glass red tube in the center for this 3D Logo look.


 Red Glass with an etched face and a chrome tube running in the center of the type for this look.


 A feminine look with some pink and magenta in the all glass logo for CNN here.


 A Warm metal with the red glass center again in a warm reflective sky environment.


 As a Motor head, Carbon Fiber with a Hot red center, had to do it!



Project Review
CNN 3D Logo Color Development.
PART II

Client: CNN via BLT and Associates.
Art Director: Na.
Project Date: Summer 2002.

In part II for the work I did back at BLT and Associates for CNN a decade ago, we look at the development of some 3D looks to the CNN logo without changing the overall design of the log itself. I could use color and dimension, and lighting only.

I was at the time, back in 2002, working in the CNN building in Hollywood and we wanted to show the team on the other floor, what we could do for them in a pitch, so they asked me, the 3D dept of one, to develop some looks to add to the pile. Each Dept sent stuff down to pitch what we could do for them at CNN from BLT.

I posted some of the motion graphics tumbling looks I helped develop here, in my first post, but these here today, were stand alone logos for the corner of the screen and for print use as well. I also experimented with a bit more detail in the textures since these were static graphics, and textures show up well when they are stills.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment