Friday, October 7, 2011

Project Review: Launch City-PART VI- The Launch Yellow Submarine 1999

 The main body of this personal sub I designed starts with a Propane tank.


 Here is an underwater side view of the sub 'floating' in liquid space.


 Here is a low water level shot with the sub at a high surfaced position.


 Here is the Submarine I designed for Launch.com from a birds eye view.


 A render with the water just about to take over the cabin bubble area.


 A underwater "Hero" shot with the volumetric lighting with rays cast down int to depths.


 A view down from the surface seeing the caustic lighting on the Yello Submarine.


Launch City Part VI
"The Yellow Submarine 1999"

Client: Launch Media Inc.
Art Director: Myself
Project Date: 1999

In this sixth post on LAUNCH city, I have posted today detailed renders of my Launch Yellow Submarine that inhabited the waters around the diner in the bay out front. From my prior posts you get the idea that as a Transportation Designer submarines are a prime example of design that is not automotive based that we LOVE. So for transportation majors like me, it was not accident,  I HAD to put one in here.

Launch was a music CD-zine[ think- online magazine] from back pre-Y2K that I redesigned the city as a full virtual metro center for adding music content and advertisers, so a "Little Yellow Submarine" was fitting as the song goes.

I had designed a actual personal sub back in Art Center that was to be built from a Propane tank, and so when I had the chance to do this virtual sub I went with a lot of queues from my original designs for this little piece.

If you like mini Personal submarines visit PSUBS online here to see folks build these out.


To view PART I on Launch City you can go here.

To view PART II go here.

To view PART III for the Train Station "Twitch" look here.

To view PART-IV look here.

To view PART V- you can click here.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment