Friday, July 22, 2011

Project Review: Thales PART II-GUI-Icon and Logo designs for the 3D Alioscopy Display

Here is the main Thales Logo done as sandwiched metal over a blue glass center, Yummy!


An overall view of the GUI 3D Icon buttons I designed for use on the Alioscopy HD glasses free TV's with one blank one extra.


A fish-eye lens view as a concept to explore.


A standard Lens looking up at the Graphic User Interface G.U.I I designed.



A close up view showing the 3D Icon with pencil and 3D page turned Icon. All Icons had some color sandwich in them.



A Geometry view showing the build out for the main GUI buttons done as 3D Icons.



The Movie Poster Button with Poster and video room.

Project Review
Thales PART II
GUI[ Graphic User Interface] icon designs and Logo in 3D for the 3D Alioscopic [http://www.alioscopy.com/ ] Display

Client: Thales via Wellbrand, Inc.
Art Director: n/a.
Project Date: Summer 2009.

When I was in-house at The Cimarron Group I brought in some technology for glasses free stereoscopic viewing[ eD TV]. I was introduced to them via Wellbrand Inc., and a fellow ACCD alumni, Goutam Mitra.

In this second posting on the 3D work I did for the Thales presentation while at The Cimarron Group, I focus on type and GUI designs.

I built out these little rounded trays that represented 3D st buttons with 3D versions of Icons seen in a typical GUI design. I also did the main Title Logo for the piece as well as a modified tray to hold a Movie Poster and play a trailer clip via a touch screen stereoscopic display.

You can view PART I with the future-jet I designed and built from earlier in the week here.

Cheers THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment