Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Project Review: Thales PART I-Future-Jet for the 3D Alioscopy Display

A 3/4 top render of the Super Jet I designed for the Thales Presentation back in 09'


A 3/4 bottom render of the Super Jet I designed for the Thales Presentation back in 09'


A super high down view of the Plane Concept I built out for the Presentation. I designed this in 3D while I built it.



Here is the final model after a two step Turbo smooth was burned in and I modified the model a bit more.


The Phase One Quad-Sub-D model I built to block in the big parts first from underneath.


The Phase One Quad-Sub-D model I built to block in the big parts first from underneath.


A full 3DHDTV frame for the Aliscopy Display I tested out.


The plane in Black as an advanced surface continuity test.



The plane in Black as an advanced surface continuity test from the tail side[ looks like a bird!] :o).

Project Review

Thales PART I
Future Jet for the 3D Alioscopic [http://www.alioscopy.com/ ] Display

Client: Thales via Wellbrand, Inc.
Art Director: n/a.
Project Date: Summer 2009.

When I was in-house at The Cimarron Group I brought in some technology for glasses free stereoscopic viewing[ eD TV]. I was introduced to them via Wellbrand Inc., and a fellow ACCD alumni, Goutam Mitra.

In this first of two parts we can review the future plane that I did for the project in designing, and modeling, a plane for exportation to a Maya based VFX house for finishing work. You will also see the test image created for the 3DHDTV, as well as the construction images when I started out as a Subdivision Model.

They asked for a cross between a stealth fighter jet and a super sized jumbo jet so I came up with what you see above. I spent about 5 hours total designing and building the model for exportation.

I will be posting the Icon and Logo graphics I built out, as well for this soon, enjoy!

Cheers THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment