Friday, March 26, 2010

Project Review: I ROBOT[ 2004] PART I- 3D Illustration for Key Art Overview

A curved Laminated 3D logo with metal layers and glass
sandwiched in-between for Calvin Sumler.


A simple glass rounded logo for Calvin Sumler.

A Transparent Glass and Metal Hybrid logo
filled with gears for Chad Robertson.

Another version of the Transparent Glass and Metal Hybrid logo
filled with stuff for Chad Robertson.

Project Review
I ROBOT
3D Illustration for Key Art overview

Client: Twentieth Century Fox Film Corp. Via The Cimarron Group.
Art Director(s): Chad Robertson and Calvin Sumler.
Project Date: Late Fall 2003.

My first job for The Cimarron Group was to do some 3D logos for the upcoming i-Robot feature with Will Smith. I had worked with Chad Robertson over at BLT so this was a continuation of our working relationship, just now moved over to another company, so we explored transparent logos with gears and misc. machinery inside the type.

I also got to work with Calvin Sumler for the first time on I Robot, and now having worked with him for almost seven years I have befitted from his amazing design sense and it has helped my 3D advance to another level.

None of the logos finished, but it was a good exercise that helped work out some challenges with transparent logos that were used a few more times over the following years.

Look for more posts on this project in the future.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment