Tuesday, December 9, 2014

3D Stock Model Build Review: Walk Sign-Street Signal Box: Built for online sales 2005.

The main shot showcasing the Virtual 3D Model of a typical Walk Sign from the USA.
 
 The Polygon render shows this was a NURBS build converted to polys.

I lower angle similar to what you'd see from standing near to one.

The Polygon render of the Walk signal shows the details a bit more in how it was built.

A SIde view render shows the J-Box and-clamped to the galvanized steel lamp post.

The Poly render shows the real threading cut into the Conduit in this side shot.

This Birds Eye lower perspective view of the walk signal shows the top of the main single molded part box.

The Polygon shows the build out.

Tested out a bit of Depth-of-Filed[ DOF] on the virtual camera.

The Poly Render up top shows all the tiny parts in this build out.



An extrene Birds Eye view right down the Light pole.
 
The converted Nurbs to Poly Mesh for this build is seen in these Ambient wireframe renders..

An exploded parts view showing all the various pieces I hand made in 3D.

 Close on the J-Box shows the 'SAE' modeled into the bolt head, as well as the threading, the star washer, flat one and lock nut.



  A close up on the Front Lid hardware and modeled in tabs are detailed in this view.


3D Stock Model Build Review
Walk Sign Street Signal Box: Built for online sales 2005.

Client: The Cimarron Group for Stock 3D Model Sales.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date: May 2005.

In '05 I was still in-house at The Cimarron Group, and I regularly built out highly detailed 3D Models for sale online, and today I am reviewing a 3D model I made of  typical Walk Sign you would see on most any intersection in the USA.

I enjoy building common objects found within city's to go with the old architecture builds I do. I sell online, my own models,  as well as the catalog of 3D models I built for sale by my prior employer as seen here, of which this walk sign is still available online.

I have built out a few common props including the pay phone and parking meter., and these objects though common are very recognizable, so you cannot 'fake' much and still get a convincing prop, so I gathered a lot of photos scrap before beginning, and working in Hollywood at the time, I simply would go out to lunch and snap a few pics on Santa Monica Blvd.

This model is still online for sale by my past employer The Cimarron Group, though they are no longer in business, and can be purchased in the 3DS-max native format here, or exported as a 3DS file for other apps here.

I will continue showcasing many of the stock 3D models I have from various companys I have prepared them for in future posts.


Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment