Monday, December 29, 2014

3D Stock Model Build Review: Vintage Deco Microphone: Built for online sales 2005.

  The Old Deco-styled Radio Microphone I built as a stock Model for online sales back in 05' while at The Cimarron Group in Hollywood CA.
 
 The Polygon render shows the basic construction with a subdivision casting for the main Mic head.

 A 3/4 overhead view looking down on the virtual 3D Deco Mic.
 
 The Polygon render of the above view with subdivision[ Sub-D] OFF.
 
 A Side view 3D render of the Deco Microphone.
 
 The Ambient Geometry render of this Deco Old Time Radio Mic.

 A Back view of the Virtual Radio Mic Model sold online.

 The Geometry render of this back view shows the build.

 A Front View Worms Eye angle looking up on the Mic.

 The Geometry render shows the modeling of the parts.

 Exploded out we see all the parts made for this Microphone.

 A close up on the Lower pivot area with hardware.


3D Stock Model Build Review
Vintage Deco Microphone: Built for online sales 2005.

Client: The Cimarron Group for Stock 3D Model Sales.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date: May 2005.

Back in '05 I was still in-house at The Cimarron Group as the 3D Design Director providing 3D illustrations, as well as animations for the various divisions advertising needs, and I regularly built out highly detailed 3D Models for sale online in my spare time, and today I am reviewing a 3D model I made of iconic Old Deco styled Radio Mic.

I enjoy building vintage objects to go with the vintage architecture I make, and a nice Deco Microphone is something I had always wanted to make, so off I went. I had built out a very early mic here, but wanted this style as well.

I built the main metal top casting as a subdivision surface and built the rest of the parts as polygonal objects for time purposes, and proceeded to finish with a few renders for reference.

This model is still online for sale by my past employer The Cimarron Group, though they are no longer in business, and can be purchased in the 3DS-max native format here, or exported as a 3DS file for other apps here.

I will continue showcasing many of the stock 3D models I have built in future posts.


Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment