Thursday, October 18, 2012

Project Review The Phantom 2040 PART CXVI [116th] More Character Fashion Design for Animation

 I modified a Dry-as-a-Bone Australian riding jacket to accommodate Guran above. I added just some small details of tall and thin magnetic clips up by the lapels.
  

 Here is a generic Butler character that would be seen both at Maximum Inc, as well as serving the Madisons, Maxwell and Rebecca.



 A Tracker outfit I designed a few times to get it right. The hat with the neck cover was in the script as a feature discussed so I had to add that in.

 
 Here is a simple coat that was used in the shots near the dorms, for various students wearing school jackets.


Project Review
The Phantom 2040
PART CXVI [116th]
More Character Fashion Design for Animation

Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.



For my Thursday 2D post this week, I have scanned in a few more drawing overlays I did for some character fashion design from the show, The Phantom 2040, and this is my 116th post for the work I did for this property.

I have posted fashion designs before from the show, and as Art Director and head Conceptual Designer for the series, I set the look for the show that I wanted to have in all outfits that were worn by the various characters.

As an Industrial Designer, Fashion Design is something that all designers must consider when doing any thematic design. We look at trends in all of the design word to find what is the movement in the field so we can apply these ideas to our concepts.

I did most of these with a micro mechanical pencil since all the Peter Chung concepts for the main characters was done all with a very thin line style, and we wanted to be consistent with all character outfits as well.

 If you are a FAN of The Phantom 2040, and on FACEBOOK, there is a group for that....  here.

There is a TAG on the list to the RIGHT for other Phantom 2o4o entry's, but you can click this as well.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment