Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Project Review: Subway Online 3-Point Play 2009

 Here is the final shot of the main scoreboard I built out for the Subway online game in 2009.


 Here is the geometry view showing the details I built out in the various props in the scene.


 The centered shot game screen for Subway's 3-Point Play promotion form 2009.


 A low side angle screen for the game for Subway online.


 A high angle on the basket form way up high in the sports dome.


Project Review
Subway Online:3-Point Play 2009

Client: Nomadic[ eMarketing ] via The Cimarron Group.
Art Director: Greg Orlowski.
Project Date: January 2009.

During my last years running the tiny 3D department in-house at The Cimarron Group, a client I had done Gameshow Key Art for, came to me with an online game for Subway, that needed 3D Illustrations for the game assets, so I was hired to create these HD screens for the online promotion.
The stadium and crowd were sourced out over at Turbo-Squid to same time, and I re-lit, and textured the scenes in Final Render, and built out custom floor and banner ad graphics as directed by the client. I also hand built the Jumbo-tron, a big LED screen scoreboard model used for the game close-up's.

I like to build all models for the scenes I do myself, but it is sometimes best to use stock models for the lower end jobs with limited budgets. If the models are built right[ the most important part] you can always make the textures and lighting better[ which is how many buy 3D scenes based on the render alone]. We builders look at the topology, or who the model was built, to see if there will arise any issues with GI etc with face issues.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment