Monday, October 24, 2011

Project Review: Spongebob Squarepants Movie 2003: Key Art 3D Logos and 3D Illustrations PT-1

 
 Here is the Life Preserver Logo sunk  halfway into the water.
 
 
 My favorite sub-Surface Sponge bob Logo was this pass as the light leaks into the sponge material on the edges and this spots.

 
 Here is a stacked block "Ben Hur" angle on a huge feeling logo made from sponge.


 A Log with Sponge, and the base "Toon-Plastic" we used on the main Logo, with the same font stacked and moved around a bit.
 
 
 A sand castle block at the bottom of the Sea was a quick visualization they wanted to look at as seen above.

 Project Review
Spongebob Squarepants Movie 2003
Key Art 3D Logos and 3D Illustrations
PART I

Client: Nickelodeon via BLT and Associates.
Art Director: Dawn Baillie, and Coby Gewertz.
Project Date: Summer 2003.


I was still in house at BLT back in the summer of 2003 doing 3D design, Illustrations, and even a small bit of Motion graphics, but my main work was Key Art 3D Illustrations for the big team they boast there.

Spongebob came in, so first I rebuilt a 3D Life Preserver Logo to match what they has as a live action prop from the Television series. I like to start where they left off it gets me into the look and shape language of what they likes and thus approved in the past. From there we bounce out into new territory with new designs.

I had a lot of fun on this project, as Sub surface scattering had just come out for GI rendering, so I practiced a bit with the sponge material for a sponge logo look. We did some fun experimentations on the project and in PART II latter  this week I will show more of the 3D work I did to contribute to this project.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment