Thursday, October 27, 2011

Project Review: The Phantom 2040- PARTLXXXIV [84th]-Misc Color Key Marker Rendering


 One of many Accessories that our hero, The Phantom, has concealed in his outfits Power-Cuffs, a video card design.


 A Tablet Palm PC[ Hey it was 1994!], with a stylus pen...


 A Color Key I did in Markers for a small generic Electric vehicle for The show, The Phantom 2040.


 A Color Key I did for The Phantom 2040, and this was a revision of the first draft design for Maxwell Madison's Hyper Cruiser.


Phantom 2040-PART LXXXIV [84th]
Misc. Color Key Marker Rendering


Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.


This is my 84th posting here on my design blog for my contributions of Art Direction, and Head Conceptual Designer roles for The Phantom 2040, and today I am posting some added color keys that I did with markers for the show development.

I am trained in marker rendering as all Transportation Designers were back before the advent of digital rendering, so it was natural to so this for the color key work. It works quickly in markers and pencil, and since this show was digitally ink-n-painted anyhow the medium was not an issue the color most certainly was, and we scanned it all in for the South Korean Studio to finish..

I originally was directed to make sure I used Purple[ Te Phantom Signature color], as well as green to show the Ghost Jungle, at least in color for a city centered series with metal and cement as the main materials.

You will see this influence in all the Color Keys I did, though we muted the color a lot as we headed to production.

If you are a FAN of The Phantom 2040, and on FACEBOOK, there is a group dedicated to the show here.

There is a TAG on the list to the RIGHT for other Phantom 2o4o entry's, but you can click this as well.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment