Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Project Review: The Phantom 2040- PARTLXXXIII [83rd]-Misc Prop Design Sketches


 Heisenberg was a fractal B.I.O.T. and shape shifted to form this tank treaded wagon for show 15.


 A lot of stuff floats in Sci-Fi, and with The Phantom this was not different. I put fans almost everywhere I could and the rest used Gravitational Drives, like this floating Pallet cart used in a bunch of shows.


 An enclosed "tall and thin" elevator car that "floats" as well. Even a box can be soft and have some curved details as seen here.


 A floating servers cart would fly by with Hor'derves and food.


 A Barbell workout weight[ tall and thin!] sketch design I did back for The Phantom.


Phantom 2040-PART LXXXIII [83rd]
Misc. Prop Design Sketches


Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.


This will be my 83rd post on my Art Direction, and Conceptual Designer roles for The Phantom 2040, and today I am posting some miscellaneous concept drawings I did for the various props for each show.

I worked on designing about 95% of all props for the 52 episodes of The Phantom 2040, and each show would have anywhere from 24 to 48 props to create. About half were re-used from a prior episode so I had two dozen items per week to create based on the script

Today I have posted these fairly basic designs, yet even with the small stuff, I wanted to stay away from the boxy sharp edge look that was the staple of designing Sci Fi since the greebles from Star Wars debuted, and get to the Art Nouveau wrapping and interlocking soft curved look to everything in the world. I also adjusted proportions to make standard stuff taller or longer to fit the proportions of the world of The Phantom 2o4o.

If you are a FAN of The Phantom 2040, and on FACEBOOK, there is a group dedicated to the show here.

There is a TAG on the list to the RIGHT for other Phantom 2o4o entry's, but you can click this as well.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment