Thursday, December 19, 2013

Project Review: Bold Films-3D Logo design exploration 2008- PART I

Here is the final PSD image I did in creating the 3D Logo for Bold Films back in 2008.
 

This is the first pass in the multi-pass render which had the lens specifically rendered out as gloss black with no heat affecting the materials.

 
I also rendered the next pass with an increse in heat as well as changing out the material on the lens to something that is heated up and utilized sub-surface scattering to get the heat to bleed a bit on the edges.
 

A polygon shot of the final frame for the 3D Logo I did for BOLD films.


 A close up the detailed camera lens model I had in my 3D Library from an earlier project "The Experiment" as seen here.


 In this birds-eye exploded view render you can see the various 3D element s I created for the design for this film company 3D Logo.



A shot close up on the 3D rigged iris that is still for sale online here.

Project Review
Bold Films-3D Logo design exploration 2008
PART I

Client: Bold Films via The Home Entertainment Division of the Cimarron Group.
Art Direction: n/a
Project Date:October 31st, 2008.

I always had a fun project to work on when I was in house doing 3D Design, 3D Animation, and 3D Illustration for the Cimarron Group, and today I am going a bit behind the art on a 3D logo I created for the team in Home Entertainment to present.

The concept was simple: incorporate a camera lens into the name 'BOLD' for the film company, and this was a quick exercise, as I had already built out the parts for a few other projects so I put together the parts set it up and ran a multi-pass render.

I recommended the muti-pass is it gives the Art Directors full control over the level of 'heat' that was wanted on the logo, so I rendering it cool ,and HOT. The render passes were combined in Photoshop and with the aid of the ever present alpha channel in 3D renders it was a very quick process to complete.

The camera aperture iris is a stock model I eventually posted on Turbosquid for Cimarron, and is still for sale today though sadly Cimarron shuddered it's door earlier this year. I also sell my own models now all subdivision too here.


Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment