Friday, December 14, 2012

3D Model Sales Part VI: Old Mailbox on a Post

 A smoothed shot of the 3D Model I sell online of this Old Mailbox on a post here.


 Here is a quad shot with the subdivision set to 2, so you can see the build underneath the asset.


 The base model with all subdivision removed.


 A worms-eye view looking up underneath the mailbox shows the little rivets and staples on the post for bill postings over the years.


 This Polygon wire view shows the bends in the tin model itself built into the design.


 The Low Poly view is also what is exported to OBJ, and FBX formats so they end user can add in their own subdivision to turn off an on, so it is not 'baked' into the wires.


 Here I shot a birds-eye view down on the mailbox with the front door opened up showing the inside and the little screw holding the knob on.


 Subdivision set to 2 iterations for the smoothed version here.


 A low poly wire view of the model with the door opened on up.


  Here the multi view shot shows the model as a whole in various views to help sell the asset.


3D Model Sales
Part VI
Old Mailbox on a Post

I sell some of my 3D models online at Turbosquid, the leading stock model house online,  and each week I cover one of those designs, and for todays PART VI[6], I am showcasing a model I have put up for sale of an old mailbox on a wood post, something you would see all across America.

I first get photo reference and build out the tin mailbox piece by piece. I made the parts separate as well as all the rivets, nails, screws and staple fasteners used in the scene.
This model is grouped so the flag and door can be hinged open for any type of animation. I built this as all quads so it is sub-dividable to add details for those close ups. I export all 3D assets to FBX and OBJ so my friends in Cinema 4D , Maya, and Soft-XSI can use the assets as well.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment