Friday, December 18, 2015

Project Review: X-Men Days of Future Past 2013-3D Logo exploration PART II

In my 3D Logo exploration back in 2013 for X-Men Days of Future Past, this concentric ring concept was fun direction to explore.


 This version had the center on the "X"  in X-Men, radiating outward to the end of this 3D Film title.

 For this round I added some kinetic animated 3D radial-blur as if the type spun down to the still revealed in the print version of the 3D Logo.

I did a full set with the circles centered in the full title and had a bit more symmetry to the look. I also used multiple metal textures to accentuate the rings a bit.

 This 3D Title had a 3D brushed metal backdrop behind the 3D Logo for X-Men Days of Future Past.

Another 3D Logo for X-Men 4, with the Radial Spin, designed for a living one sheet as well.

 I took the logo and did a full edge to edge 3D render for a teaser title only One-Sheet.

 This 3D Logo got a bit of volumetric back lighting centered on the concentric  circles in the chopped up 3D Font.

I still did some 'bright-on-bright' looks too, but stayed withing the original darker looks for most of the work.

I did experiment with the concentric cutting on the Big X mark as well this was the top lit brighter version.



Here is the alternating ring and darker version of that Big X-Men X Icon in 3D brushed Metal.


Project Review
3D Logo exploration for: X-Men Days of Future Past 2013
PART II

Client: Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation via Gravillis Inc.
Project Date May 2013.

Today in PART II in my series of 3D Logo explorations for X-Men Days of Future Past back in 2013 I am covering a fun concept that graphically  broke up the text into rings. I am very familiar with the franchise as I worked on most of the prior X-Men films, from X-Men 2, X-Men 3, and X-Men 4:First Class, and I ended up and finished the X-Men 2 logo as well as the X-Men 3 ones in the past, so I took the full final title layout and created a sereis of looks with the style.

It has been popular to cut and slide type for a while in 2D, and I have done this in 3D as well as seen here for the first Wolverine spin of X-Men film, and on Blood Diamond here, and here on, A Perfect Getaway,

This  4th X-Men film deals with time travel, so they wanted something graphic to show this and time-ripples were a direction they wanted to visualize so I went with a pond-ripple effect by cutting the type in the concentric rings that I bumped, slip and dragged around in 3D space top show a break[ in time].

I will have another PART III posting for this X-Men work I did in the future, so please enjoy the post.
You can review PART I here.

                                               Cheers,   THOM

4 comments:

  1. It is recommended, though, to create the logo as a vector file and save copies as raster images as needed for specific projects.professional logo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claim faucet satoshis from Easy Bitcoin Faucet. 11 to 33 satoshis per 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're looking to BUY bitcoins online, PAXFUL is the best source for bitcoins as it allows buying bitcoins by 100's of payment methods, such as MoneyGram, Western Union, PayPal, Credit Card and even converting your gift cards for bitcoins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you tired of searching for bitcoin faucets?
    Double your claiming speed with this amazing BITCOIN FAUCET ROTATOR.

    ReplyDelete