Monday, October 18, 2010

Project Review: The Phantom 2040 PART XXVI

A B.I.O.T Rifle taken from a deactivated Robot.

A small projectile launcher for Sagan Cruz.

A small "Smart Gun" that would unwrap and mold to The Phantoms hand.

A Long Barreled Pistol used by Guran.

The Phantoms Hand-Held Saw.

Phantom 2040-PART XXV
I

Handheld Prop Design

Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.

In this 26th post on the Phantom 2040 TV Animation series I worked on in the early 90's I have here a few of the hand-held props I would design on a regular basis for the 52 episodes of The Phantom 2040. You will notice the "wrapping and interlocking" look applies to the props as they seem to grow off the hand. This was an intentional design theme I applied to all of the designs for the Phantom with a fusion of Art Nouveau, and modern design.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment