Friday, August 20, 2010

Project Review: Piranha 3D PART I

A pound of flesh Logo done for Rob Russell.

A Logo being devoured by the Piranha done for Art Director Chris A. Hawkins.

Here they come! Logo designed for Chris A. Hawkins.

An early concept for a Logo being feed upon for Art Director Chris A. Hawkins.

A Logo sitting in the water done for Art Director Brian Lauzon.

A second concept on a Logo in water done for Art Director Brian Lauzon.

A fun Logo with "teeth" done for Art Director Brian Lauzon.

The X-Rayed Fish Logo done for Art Director Brian Lauzon.

An alternate version of the above X-Ray Logo.

The typical layered metal logo as seen in Tomb Raider.

A BIG Logo done for Art Director Brian Lauzon.



PIRANHA 3D
PART I

Client:Dimension Films via The Cimarron Group.  
Art Director(s): Brian Lauzon, Chris A. Hawkins, Rob Russell.  
Project Date: Fall and Winter 2009.

I began doing Logos for the new Piranha 3D remake while I was finishing up my contract at The Cimarron Group, and the work continued as I now design from my own studio. Brian Lauzon did a good portion of the work and this was one of the first jobs we worked together on while at Cimarron. Pre-Historic fish and bikinis are the soup of the day for Piranha and designing a campy fun logo was a great experience. I also did a school of 3D fish for comps as well as the CGI was not finished at the time the Posters were being designed so I did 3D Illustration as well as mostly Logos. FUN!

Cheers, THOM

You can click the post title to go see the trailer[bloody and sexy!] or you can paste this text into your browser too:
http://piranha-3d.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment