Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Project Review: Minority Report PART I- The Badge Tom Cruise


An Early 3D Finish using my 3D Badge in the background.

The Teaser 3D Finish using my 3D Badge on a wall.

Experimenting with Procedural Textures using Darkling Simulations Dark Tree Tool-set.

A Badge on a wall concept.

A Light Source Badge with Volumetric Rays Used in the Final One Sheet Background.



The Z-Depth Logo using 3D space to develop the look of the Logo.


A Standee Design Concept

An alternate Standee Design Concept lit up


A Fully lit up light box Standee Concept.

A Curved Plexiglas Video High End Concept Standee.


MINORITY REPORT 2002
PART I The Badge

Client: Paramount Pictures via BLT and Associates.
Art Director(s): Rick Lynch, Alon Amir, Ronnie Blumenberg, Jeff Barnett.
Project Date: Summer 2001

I was still a freelancer when I began work on Minority report for Rick Lynch at BLT in the Summer of 2001. I built the Badge worn by the Special Forces in the film in the Pre-Crime Division and I also built out a prop from the film, the eye expander. We did not have a lot of scrap reference for the eye gadget so I was able to experiment a bit. I incorporated the Tri design from the badge into the Eye clamp and you will see a few reused parts from the badge hidden in the design.

The badge finished and was used throughout the campaign. I also designed the Standees used In Theaters for Promotions as well that were latter built by Drissi.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment