Monday, August 9, 2010

EXILE: Realtime 3D Videogame Development 1995

The Flintlock Semi Auto Pistol with "egg" bullets.

Close Up SIDE view of the flying stagecoach Fish Blimp.


One of my Favorite designs from EXILE: the Flying Fish Coach.

A One Man Flying Suit done based on DaVinci technology.

A Concept piece of The Balcony at the Villa where the game takes place with the Count.

Concept Sketches of the Villa from EXILE.


EXILE
Real-time 3D Interactive Video Game Development 1995.

Client: Luminous Media Inc.
Art Director: John R. Thomas.
Project Date: Summer 1995.

I had worked for John Thomas on his Restaurant Cafe Morpheus/Asylum Designs in 1992-3, and he was very interested in virtual worlds after seeing the MYST game so I came on board as Art Director for his new Development studio Luminous Media Inc. This was the first video game I worked on for a 3D real-time world , and I was just learning 3D software 3DS- DOS R4 while on the job designing.

These sketches were done for the presentations we did for the game EXILE, which took place in a fantasy world with a steampunk mixed with DaVinci type of technology. I developed characters, environments, and vehicles for this world. As a funny side I saw a flintlock gun with a clip just recently in the film Wanted and it reminded me of my design form the 90's so it is posted here as well.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment