Thursday, July 5, 2012

Launch City Part IX[Nine] Launch City Redesign Build-Out for Issue #41

 Here is the final geometry for the Launch City Re-Design I did back in 1999 for Launch.Com


 An overhead shot shows how I placed each building to fit into the Camera-Cone with actual geometry "walls' for the cone, to let me know where I was in camera when designing.


 This was a 640x480 side scrolling interface three screen wide and here is the Left side of the model close up.

 Here is a close up of the Middle of the city with the little diner up front.


Here is a geometry close-up of the right side of the city



Here is a re-posted shot of the fully rendered City I designed for Launch.com

 Launch City Part IX[Nine]
Launch City Redesign Build-Out for Issue #41

Client: Launch Media Inc.
Art Director: Myself
Project Date: 1999

NOTE: I was off for the fourth of July so this is from yesterday


In this, my 9th post on LAUNCH city for Launch.com, I am posting the city itself in more detail, with close up renders of the geometry I designed and built out to create the new wide format 'virtual' city for the CD-zine back in the last of the 90's.

I was brought in to fully redesign the city, and as a prior Disney Imagineer, this was right up my alley.

I thematically gave each part of town a distinctive look to the architecture so that the human mapping ability would be used through color and shape language, so the viewer would recognize where they are in the city based on design and not just graphic directions.

I have many posts covering the various locations that we sold off as virtual real estate to advertisers, the links are all below.

Cheers, THOM

To view PART I on Launch City you can go here.

To view PART II go here.

To view PART III for the Train Station "Twitch" look here.

To view PART-IV look here.

To view PART V- you can click here.

To view PART VI [ the sub!] go here. 

To view PART VII-The Vault, go here.

to view PART VIII-Target-Jukebox Twitch, go here.


No comments:

Post a Comment