Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Project Review The Phantom 2040 PART CVI [106th] Small Prop Design Sketches

 When Kit Walker visits his friends at Collage, they play a bit of "flying Frisbee' so I designed this.


 During the ground breaking ceremony for Cyberville, Rebecca Madison breaks ground, naturally using a B.I.O.T. to do the dirty work using this golden shovel.

 
 Sagan Cruz has this stun wand she uses to discourage the B.I.O.T's.


Even a small cylinder that floats down on a mini parachute is tall and thin proportionally.


Project Review
The Phantom 2040
PART CVI [106th]
Small Prop Design Sketches

Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.

This is my 106th post of my work I did for the TV animated series, The Phantom 2040 from in the early ninety's, and I have put up a few more small props I designed for the show for todays 2D posting.

2D is a vital part of a good 3D Designers skill set since every 3D artist uses 2D skills first, it helps both skills to practice outside the computer on a regular basis, so I regularly still draw as I can find time to.

Some of the scans I put up are a quick little items that may take just 5 minutes to design out for me, and to connect the look of every part of the Phantoms world is easy since I developed the theme for the show, so I know how to stick to it with the "Tall and Thin" , Art Nouveau proportions etc.
Even with a prop like a simple shovel, you can have fun with it as I did a wrapped hoop design made from thin gold as the handle, and developed the look of the tall pile of sand too. That sand may seem throw away, but if you do not specify, you get a "blob", no proportions or mass, so I figured, design as much as I can.

If you are a FAN of The Phantom 2040, and on FACEBOOK, there is a group for that....  here.

There is a TAG on the list to the RIGHT for other Phantom 2o4o entry's, but you can click this as well.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment