Friday, November 12, 2010

Project Review: The Phantom 2040 PART XXXI-Vehicle Color Keys

Maximum Inc's Golden Boy Maxwell has a Limo.


One of my favorite designs is the single pod fan powered flying vehicle.
[ Influenced by an old VW Bud Vase!]


Kit Walker had a custom Hypercycle but this is the Police version of it here.


A Flying Fire Fighting Tanker.


The Assault Multicruiser was the base cruiser for all Hyper Vehicles I did.

Phantom 2040-PART XXXI
Vehicle Color Keys

Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.

In this 31st post on the Phantom 2040 TV Animation series I worked on in the early 90's , here I have posted some more marker comp color keys. Traditionally we would "cel" paint a key and we did do a few that way, but since this was to be painted digitally we needed reference only for the Paint-Box[ Remember that!] systems.

As a Transportation major from Art Center Markers are our form of color keying so I used that to do all my keys while at Hearst Animation Productions.

Above is a small sample of various fan vehicles I designed that I came back and did these color keys over the inked sketches of mine.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment