Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Project Review: S.W.A.T. The Movie 2003 PART IV The Detectives Office

Here is a rough render showing the various virtual furnishings I created for the shot we were to use in the Teaser Trailer for S.W.A.T.


 This Polygon render shows the basic build[ non-quad].


 The main office parts[ except a floor] was exported as an OBJ for the Maya pipeline.


 As a cabinet builder I created the drawer slides and hardware for the Craftsman furniture.


 The desk from the back shows the power cord draped off the edge as well as the various desk props.


 The Mission Hammered Copper Mica Lamp I built out.


 The vintage desk plane clock is seen foreground here[ subdivision is low in this shot.]


 Here is the file cabinet with a n opened drawer showing the build details.


Project Review
S.W.A.T. The Movie 2003 
PART IV
The Detectives Office

Client: Columbia Pictures Inc. via BLT and Associates.
Art Directors: n/a
Project Date: Winter 2002-3.

It this my fourth posting for the work I did for the TV to film adaptation of S.W.A.T., from almost a decade back now, today I am covering the virtual set I built for a green-screen live action move for the Theatrical Trailers.

At the time the script called for a move from a Laptop PC on a desk in a Detectives office, out a window into the city, so I created a series of virtual furniture for the opening shot.

I built out the various pieces in an Arts and Crafts style, and exported them to the 3D Animation Department at BLT for use, however at delivery they changed direction and instead went up on the rooftop and did the move from there. A fun build and as a cabinet builder myself I enjoy the virtual woodworking as well.

I have a few more posts on S.W.A.T., that I will try and post up these in the future, so keep an eye out.

You can View the logos in PART I here.

You can view the M4 Carbine I built here for PART II

You can view PART III, the S.W.A.T. tactical van posting here.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment