Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Production Design: Raveonettes' Music Video: Heart of Stone Heart Mountain Design Development PART V

 
 The first pass quick freehand blocking on 8.5 x 11 bond for the Raveonettes Heart of Stone Video.


 Here is the overlay second pass using a few templates to clean it up along with added freehand as well.


 Here are the above two underlays still taped together as I put both under velum to finish up.


 Here are all three layers still together before I pull them apart to isolate the final on top.

 
The final delivered Image[ re-posted] with just the final layer.


Production Design:
Raveonettes' Music Video: Heart of Stone
Heart Mountain Design Development 
PART V

Client: Blind.
Art Director: Chris Do.
Project Date: January 2010

Today I have posted my fifth part, in a series on the Production Design work I did for the Music Video Heart of Stone, by the Raveonettes, and for todays posting I am showing the 'behind the process', in the creation of the 3rd Acts Heart Mountain set-piece.

I had bout 4 hrs for each design and so for this one I did two very fast doodles as seen above. The first was all freehand getting base proportions in, while the second layer I used a few templates to tighten it up.

I also have the two still taped together as it is when I sketched over it on velum. I sometime use a small lightbox for details, but for the most part the velum is transluscent enough to see what I am doing.

I also re-posted the final I delivered to the team at Blind to build out for the Music Video.


Cheers, THOM

You can view the prior posts below:
PART I
PART II 
PART III 
PART IV

The Music Video is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment