Friday, March 28, 2014

3D Stock Model Build Review Prison Cell Virtual Set built for online sales 2005.

A Poly render showing the build of this Prison Cell Virtual Set I made back in 05 as a stock 3D asset for online sales.


 A textured out shot of the same view of the Cell.


Inside the Prison Cell facing the beds in polygon showing the build style for the parts.


 A Textured shot inside the virtual Jail Cell.


 A spider-on-the-Ceiling view down into the cell from above in wires.

 A fully rendered out Birds-eye shot of the Jail.


A shot thru the door that is swung open into the small jail cell in polygon mesh view[ un-textured].


 A rendered view with a little DOF[ Depth-of field]


 The set was designed to line up in a row to create a cell block as seen in these renders here, and here.


 I rendered the cyclorama out in black to darken the mood for the prison cell renders.


A polygon Shot inside the Virtual Reality Prison Cell Model.


 A Textured view inside the VR Prison Cell.


Close on the bed frame shows the various hand built hardware used for the swing down beds.


A rendered shot of the cot frame from the Jail Cell Stock Model.


An exploded view above on the Prison Cell shows the parts included.


 A closer alternate view on the parts exploded out to see what was involved in the construction of the little Virtual Set.


 A final view of the exploded parts I made for the Prision Jail Cell 3D Model, good for 3D Animations, Motion Graphics, VR or game use.


3D Stock Model Build Review
Prison Cell Virtual Set built for online sales 2005.

Client: The Cimarron Group for Stock 3D Model Sales.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date: May 2005.

In 2005 I was still in-house as the 3D Design Director at The Cimarron Group, and I regularly did both 3D Illustration, as well as 3D Animation for the print and AV division, in which I built out highly detailed 3D Models, and today I am reviewing a 3D model I made specifically for online sales, something I would do during down-time.

Today I review a remake of a cell I made years earlier, but this one got a much higher level of detail to the various parts. The cot frames received a great amount of details, in that the frames were all built component by component so the bed springs and interlocking mesh support, rails and corner mounts were all hand built out for the set.

I built the toilet and sink as a single unit as this is an old cell with a plumbing upgrade. Once assembled I did end up using this for The Experiment Presentation as seen here, but it is still a stock 3D asset online you can buy today here as a max file, or here as a 3DS export.I even broke the cot out made foot boards and headboards and that is sold here too.

I will continue showcasing many of the stock 3D models I have from various companys I have prepared them for in future posts, so enjoy!


Cheers, THOM

1 comment:

  1. A great read. Open cell ceiling allow for easy access to utilities like lighting, HVAC, and sprinkler systems, making maintenance a breeze.

    ReplyDelete