Monday, February 18, 2013

3D Model Sales Part XIV Electrical Mechanical Toggle Switch

A Non-Subdivided base mesh shot of the little toggle switch I sell online.

Here is the above shot of the little vintage toggle switch  subdivided and smoothed out.


I lower view showing the bottom details.

A smoothed render of the little metal old fashioned toggle switch.


From the back you can see the rivets holding the electrical leads with the set screws.

This is what the FBX and OBJ exports look like as I remove the turbo smooth[ subdivision], so the model comes in lite.

An almost straight on view of the switch.


The smoothed shot from a front view.


The side view shows the real threads in the set screws. as well as t in the toggle and retaining ring and nut as well.


The Low poly view from the side is good for longer shots w/o any subdivision too.


The exploded view shows all the parts separately.


A smoothed shot with wires showing the subdivision at work softening the geometry itself.



I sometimes to a test render with my materials to show the part fully rendered, though I sell it blank so each end user can texture themselves with more control.


3D Model Sales
Part XIV
Electrical Mechanical Toggle Switch

I sell my 3D models online at Turbosquid, the leading stock 3D model house,  so for this PART XIV[14th], I am reviewing another much smaller part I sell, that of of a small older mechanical metal toggle switch online here.

I always use little model like this, and an iconic on off switch like this is good for any mechanical application, or steam-punk mechanical switch use or web interface. A full 360 model with all the details as well as threaded parts thru out.


I also decided to model in the type on this one too, rather than a bump map as I've done in the past, so I did a mini SPB[ Single Point Beveled ] text piece and built off that foe the escutcheon.

I export all my 3D assets to FBX and OBJ so my friends in Cinema 4D , Maya, and Soft-XSI can use these assets as well.

To view all my 3D models I sell, you can go here. If you want to see a couple of hundred of 3D models I built in the past that my prior employer still sells, you can go here too.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment