Thursday, January 17, 2013

3D Model Sales Part IX Vintage 1930's Diner

 Maddy's Diner is open for business, that is if you need a 3D subdivision model of a diner.


 A full subdivision surface shown with a single level of turbo smooth added.


 A shot near the end of the dining car, this is the base polymesh in OBJ, FBX or 3DSmax formats.

 The smoothed out model shows the bent tin corners as was typical in the early diners. By the 5-'s this was fully bent and curved.


 I build all my 3D models as turntable 360 viewable, so here is the back alley.


 The subdivided render of the backside of this early Diner.


 Serious details are found on the roof AC unit as well with two needed to keep this virtual space at a virtual 72 degrees!

 And the same shot of the Diner smoothed out for above.
 

 An Iconic long shot of the front of this 1930's Diner.

 
 The base polygon shot[ what is exported as OBJ and FBX from max.


 My rooftop sign has neon tubes as well as nipple bulbs typical to the 30's around the edge.

 The subdivided surface is seen here. Set at three it is super crisp, but renders are lengthy.

 
 The back door details include electrical, gas and roof access. Door is grouped with a pivot to open and close for your animations.

 The base mesh with gas meter and set dressing on the back of this Diner.


3D Model Sales
Part IX
Vintage 1930's Diner

I sell many of my 3D models online at Turbosquid, the leading stock 3D model house,  and every few weeks, I cover one of those designs, and for todays PART IX[9th], I am showcasing a model I have put up for sale, a vintage American 1930's diner.

This is my third Diner I have designed and built in 3D, with the first done back in 1999 for Launch.com's virtual city I redesigned, and can by seen in this post here. I also build one for sale on Turbosquid for my former employer, and is still sold online here, and I did a full render here.


I am a transportation Design Major from Art Center, so it is said that we have gas in our veins and vintage Diners are the natural gathering spot for Hot Rods and car shows, so this is a fun endevor for me to design my own.

I have done a more 50's styled diner, so I deciced to model this after the true traincar diners that were all over the USA in the 30's as these were all converted traincars so the body was limited to that size, and style.

This model is my first 100% subdivision model of a diner, and my speed is increasing in that modeling technique so I was able to make this one in roughly the same time as my first which had no subdivision at all.
   
I export all my 3D assets to FBX and OBJ so my friends in Cinema 4D , Maya, and Soft-XSI can use these assets as well.

To view all my 3D models I sell, you can go here. If you want to see a couple of hundred of 3D models I built in the past that my prior employer still sells, you can go here too.

Cheers, THOM

1 comment:

  1. Hello Good morning.
    I am a teacher in a school in Spain, and I am interested in your 3d to teach a 3d max modeling class, is it for sale?

    ReplyDelete