Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Project Review: 3D Subdivision Architectural Modeling for Thomas-Juul Hansen LLC Custom Sofa build PART II

Here is the final 3D Couch Model I made. This Furniture is shot as a Virtual Photo shoot.

An elevated shot of this grand couch.

A low angle end view.

A High birds eye on this architectural model.

 Here are the steps I built this as: Low Poly, then subdivided, then displaced


A shot with the low poly base mesh out front in this quad render.


A close up on the increased level of detail in the various stages of this build as it gets more details modeled into the design.

Close up details on the soft pillows.
 

 A view of the Couch exploded out to the individual parts made.

Project Review:
3D Subdivision Architectural Modeling for Thomas-Juul Hansen LLC
Custom Sofa build PART II

Client:Thomas-Juul Hansen LLC
Art Direction: Michael Golden.
Project Date: June 24th, 2014.

I was contacted by an architectural firm out in NYC to assist in building out some 3D furniture and today in PART II, I am covering a soft surface model of a large custom couch, an earlier asset I built out this past Summer for them.

As with all furnishings I make, I get a basic shot of the product and a few dimensions and I go from there. This was a 3D Model delivery only, so no rendering was needed. I do a test image to test the surfaces as seen above, but the model itself is the deliverable in 3DSmax , FBX, and OBJ.

I can design, build, and render out, or do any one of these steps for my clients, so I get a range of projects from Architectural and Interior Design clients for Corporate, Retail, Theme Park, as well as here for residential.

You can see my other post in PART I here of a high end violin case. Look for more furniture, as well as furnishings I build out in the weeks to come.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment