Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Project Review: Looney Tunes: Back in Action [2003] 3D Logo Title Treatments PART II

One of the first designs I did for Luis Sola our dedicated 2D Logo designer at the time @ BLT. I did this one with a tapered extrusion reminiscent of the vintage travel postcards.
 
 Another one of my favorite type style layouts for the project. I especially like the 'eyeballs' inside the "O's" that Logo Designer Luis put in there.

 We did a few that were "Action Moive'esque" like this one in a font typically found in Sci-Fi films.

Always a fan of a playfull cartoon font like this one. 
The tagline is a straight font works well to counterbalance the toon one IMHO.

 The above file with a key-Line cut into the face of the main title as an alt.


Here is a design I for Warren Nung. A nice lower curve with the tag line tucked underneath and a soft gradient material applied.


THe second file I did for Warren with a nice deep extrusion over the tagline 'candy-bar' 


Another fave' of mine, done for Art Director, Zack Ris. A very playful font. Love this one.

Project Review
Looney Tunes: Back in Action [2003]
3D Logo Title Treatments PART II

Client: Warner Bros. via BLT Communications.
Art Director(s): Luis Sola, Warren Nung, and Zack Ris.
Project Date:August 2002.
Today in PART II for the 3D Titles I did for Looney Tunes:Back in Action back in 02', I cover more Monochromatic 3D Logos I created for the Key Art title treatment for the then new, Looney Tunes film to be made that year, Looney Tunes:Back in Action.

I had already posted in a cartoon-themed post, some smaller versions of some of the logos as seen here, but today I want to focus again on the sepia enhanced, black and white styled logos I did for the project.

BLT employs some very high end 2D logo designers , so today I have three more designers type layouts I worked on.

Stay 'tuned', as I will be posting the color ones in the future.
If you want to view PART I showing the first set of sepia toned logos go here.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment