Monday, May 11, 2015

Project Review: Dinotopia[II]-2002 TV Mini-Series-Key Art-2001.

 Here is the primary render I was tasked with making for them for the pitches for the Key Art for Dinotopia back in 2001.

This is an ambient render showing the geometry in this simple build out. You will see the texture rusty projection still on the lighting in this shot.


I also did a bit of a zoomed in shot with a 22 degree curve to the camera to add some slight fish-eye effects to the shot.

 Here is the matching ambient render showing the polys for that 2nd 3D-Image.

An overhead view of the full scene I built out for Dinotopia.

The overhead in Polygon render.

A shot in the city showing the little bits of detailing I added in to this one day job.

I even had small crowd as originally they wanted a higher sot showing the city full of people.


 A side view elevated polygon render of the city for Dinotopia Key Art.

Project Review
Dinotopia[II]-2002 TV Mini-Series-Key Art.

Client: ABC via BLT Communications.
Art Direction: Team of AD's.
Project Date: September 12th, 2001.

Today I have dug up a project from 13 years back, while I was the in-house 3D Designer @ BLT Communications for a TV mini-series based on the popular books Dinotopia. This was done for a regular client @ BLT, ABC Television.

I was responsible for all 3D Illustrations for the Key Art ans well as web and AV use, and this was an early project where I was asked to take a 2D sketch and build out a 3D city for the Key Art presentations, so off I went to build this out.

I built this all out of basic primitive shapes and a few lofts, as this was before I had enough practice doing Quad Subdivision modeling, which is how today I would have built it.

I interesting side note for this project, is that I was to start this the day before which was September 11th, 2001. I worked in the CNN building and due to the attacks that day in the uSA, the CNN building was closed off until the 12th.

Cheers, THOM




No comments:

Post a Comment