Thursday, October 25, 2012

Personal Project My 7th Term Entertainment Design Project Theme Park Multi-Environment Vehicle Part 1-Early Speed Form Studies

 Early speed-form sketches I did my 7th term at Art Center for my Entertainment Design Project.


 I did about 8 pages of these and picked a few to refine[ will post in the future]


 I began to break the form into two shapes as the design progressed as the back transformed in the ride.


 Some more pages [ 14' x 17' Vincent Velum] of speed form concepts

Personal Project
My 7th Term Entertainment Design Project
Theme Park Multi-Environment Vehicle
Part 1-Early Speed Form Studies

This is my first post covering my personal school project from back during my Art Center days in Transportation Design my Seventh Term in the Summer of 1991.

This was the first Entertainment Project I did at Art Center, as I went there before they had an Entertainment emphasis as an ID major, or the new Entertainment Design Degree they now offer. I had always wanted to do some Theme Park Design work so I chose this project to show that a bit.

I developed a vehicle for a ride system, so I began where many car designers do with what is called the "Speed form".

 Professor Strothor MacMinn taught us speed form shapes as a basis for the main body form of a vehicle very early on at Art Center. A speed form is a aerodynamic shape that shows direction in the form, hence the name speed form.

Some people say, "That car looks like it is gong 100 MPH standing still", and that my good friends is what a speed form is all about.

I did multiple sheets of forms, picked a few and refined. I will be posting this work in the weeks to come.

Enjoy the post.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment