Monday, January 23, 2012

Project Review: Dreamcatcher PART II: Virtual Dreamcatcher 3D Model Details


 Here is the final design for the Virtual Dreamcatcher I did a decade ago at BLT.


 I built the feather out as a 3D object with all "hairs' and individual tips.



 A full shot of the model showing most was modeled not a texture exercise.



 All wood was twisted triple rounds so I had a grove running the length of all sticks.



 All the little "bits and pieces' were scattered on the main model for close-up detailed shots int he AV work.



 The original FAX'ed copy of the design from the film done by Mark 'Crash' McCreery.


Dreamcatcher 2002
PART II
Virtual Dreamcatcher 3D Model Details

Client: Castle Rock Entertainment via BLT and Associates.
Art Director(s): Alon Amir, Alen Petkovic
Project Date: Christmas 2001

In this second post on the 3D dreamcatcher model I built for BLT back a decade ago now, I have some close up shots showing the details that went into the 3D virtual Model, that was used in the international Motion Graphics Trailers.


I made the mesh very detailed, as we had a duplicate actual hero prop from the film there, so I tried to achieve a look that was consistant.

I also had the rough sketch done by Mark 'Crash' McCreery that was FAX'ed, YES FAXED[ remember those!] to us to build off of, so I built right over the sketch in 3DSmax.


This was one of the first high detailed models a that I attempted to build out for print, and it did take a while to render out I remember, as it approached a million faces, and this was back with Max 4.0, whew!


You can view PART I as well.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment