Friday, May 29, 2015

Project Review: Speed Shooters United: 3D Logo Design-2014

Step one in designing a 3D logo is to layout the 2D type with a font picked and hand adjusted. I then present it in high contrast for legibility concerns up front.

 The final design was Alt-A with post effect added for Motion-Blur and glow.

The first pass 3D render for approval of Design A for Speed Shooters United.I used a Carbon-Fiber[fibre] material for the back plate holding device.
 A Second Design Pass presented as version "B"with a darker metal back-plate w/o the textures.

 The final design provided to keep the budget under control. I did just three versions to choose from.

Here is the simple wireframe showing this is beveled splines, so a fast build up and quick to adjust for the clients needs.
 Here is an overview render done to show the light box rectangular lights I often use in these shots that as standard in my Plug-In renderer of choice Final Render.

Project Review
Speed Shooters United
3D Logo Design 2014

Client: David Bogie at Speed Shooters United.
Art Direction: Myself.
Project Date: December 2014.

I get cold calls for quick small jobs from folks who find my blog here and contact met for work , and back in December I was contacted to help create a 3D Logo for a company in the Trap and Skeet shooting arena called Speed Shooters United.

The client saw a few designs on the blog that inspired them to contact me to do a pass on  their logo, so off I went. 

First step I do is to pick a font[ typeface], and l layout a few designs in both black on white as well as white on black. This is what I was taught at ACCD in the early stages to ensure any design will work in the most simple one color design for both dark as well as light background usage.

Once a style is picked I did three versions to choose from. The final was then rendered big format at 5000pixels wide for poster use, and some post work glow effects color adjustments,a s well as some motion blur was added to enhance the RAW 3D render output.

A fun and fast little gig that was less than a full day to deliver. Small Jobs like this one, help fill in the cracks from the larger ones, and I get to do some fun stuff and get a new client as well.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment