Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Project Review: Key Art-WAR of the WORLDS PART VI- Additional 3D Logo Exploration.

A 3D Logo I built out for Art Director Chad Robertson a thin font in brushed metal with a blue back light[ soft].

A big block stack of 3D type[ which moved us to final] with a blood red stain on the lower part of this typeface, and seen in the reflection on the glossy floor.

This was one of my personal favorites for type layout provided to me bay Chad Robertson as well in the Print Dept. The lower light with gold accents and the big "WAR' up top as a serious first read headline.

Here we are moving closer to the finish layout here, with a gold holding device extruded back. Textures changes, but the font was beginning to get close.

 I did some fun fonts given to me from Calvin Sumler. You will see these in the AV campaign as well.

A thin version with some red back glow added shot at a lower angle looking up at the typeface.


 This was done for Art Director Rob Russell with a blue glow behind the font as well.

Project Review
Key Art 3D Illustration for
WAR of the WORLDS
PART VI- Additional 3D Logo Exploration.

Client: Paramount Pictures via The Cimarron Group.
Art Director: Calvin Sumler, Chad Robertson, and Rob Russell.
Project Date Fall 2004

Today I am posting PART VI, covering the 3D Design work I did for the Theatrical advertising pitches back in 2004 for the Spielberg remake of War of the Worlds, and today I have posted even more looks I helped develop for the presentation for the 3D Logo.
 
I was supplied all vector files as Illustrator type laid out from Calvin, Chad and Rob, Art Directors from in the Print Division to build out in 3D for their comp presentations.

I did a total of about 100 logos during the process before we finished. The one sheet contains the 'BIG LOGO" and the 3D iron look for the world ,and these are my 3D contributions that went to the final, or finish for the Movie Poster. I did not finish for any AV work.

Look for a few more posts in the future for this project.

You can view PART I  an overview posting here.
You can view PART II: The blood Moss 3D Illustrations for Print and AV here. 
You can view PART III the Blood-Moss type looks here.
You can view PART IV: the Motion  Graphics 3D Card GRFX here.
You can view PART V here: covering Title treatments in 3D.
Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment