Thursday, January 22, 2015

Project Review: S.W.A.T. The Movie 2003 PART IV Night-Vision Binocular Model for MGFX Teaser Trailer

My deliver was a OBJ export to the 3D Animation Dept and this was the final 3D Model I designed and made. 

A render with DOF[ Depth-of--Field] as seen in the Teaser.

 A Birds-eye overhead front shot of the 3D Night Vision Goggles in Ambient with wires.

 The fully textured and rendered  S.W.A.T. Night Vision Goggles.

 I built this Pre-Sub-D, so some funky geometry on those thumb screws.
I'd go full Quads today in a build.


The 3D file still renders out fine.
 
 A Side view, with the hand grip as the only full Sub-D asset in the build. They are actually a cut down version of the front grip from the M4 Carbide model here.

A Side View 3D Render fully textured with DOF and ready as a style frame.
 
 The 3/4 rear view shows the lens inside the tubes with the appropriate glass, O-ring,and lens retention threads.

 The rendered back shot of the SWAT Night Vision Goggles , also used for the Home Alone work latter on here.

Exploded View shows the build.

 A second render of the prop as an exploded view of the 3D Night Vision Binoculars I made for the Teaser Trailer for the film S.W.A.T. back in 2003.

Project Review
S.W.A.T. The Movie 2003

PART IV

Night-Vision Binocular Model for MGFX Teaser Trailer


Client: Columbia Pictures Inc. via BLT and Associates.
Art Directors: Myself.
Project Date: Winter 2003.

It this, my fourth posting for the work I did for the TV to film adaptation of S.W.A.T., from almost a decade back now, today I am covering the Night Vision Binoculars I designed and made for the Theatrical Teaser Trailer back in 2003 for Matt Hartle the head of 3D-Animation.

I regularly built 3D Illustrations for the Print work at BLT, but I also did quite a bit of work for the MGFX[ Motion-Graphics] team for the AV Trailers as well, and for the new at the time film, S.W.A.T., I was asked by Matt in the 3D Animation dept., to make some very high resolution models for the back plates for the internal and the Title Card graphics.
 
I have more posts on S.W.A.T., both for Print and AV 3D Models I made that I will try and post up in the future, so keep an eye out.

You can View the logos in PART I here.
You can view the M4 Carbine I built here for PART II
You can view PART III, the SWAT van here.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment